Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Case Management
Cota's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Case Management program provides support services to clients with acquired brain injuries in the City of Toronto (inclusive of Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York and downtown Toronto) and in South York Region.
Our ABI Case Management services are committed to being flexible and responsive to the unique needs and desires of each client. The supports offered via case management typically include:
- Comprehensive assessment
- Collaborative development of a personalized safety plan
- Collaborative development and implementation of an individualized goal/recovery plan
- Assistance to achieve/maintain optimum health and wellness
- Direct support in the areas of:
- education about the nature of acquired brain injury
- support and education to caregivers and/or the person’s support network, as appropriate
- development of self-management strategies
- encouragement, emotional support and motivation
- development of personal support networks
- development/maintenance of abilities relating to activities of daily living
- referring to and accessing other desired/needed community and primary health care services
Services Available to
Adults 16 - 64 years of age who have an acquired brain injury resulting from trauma or stroke.
Cota’s ABI Case Management services are available to people living within the City of Toronto (inclusive of Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York and downtown Toronto) and in South York Region.
To Make a Referral
Any caregiver, professional or prospective client can make a referral to Cota ABI Case Management Services through the Toronto ABI Network. Please complete the ABI Client Community Profile located on the Toronto Acquired Brain Injury Network website at www.abinetwork.ca and submit it to the Toronto ABI Network. You may also contact the Toronto ABI Network at 416-597-3057.