Hostel Outreach Program
The Hostel Outreach Program (HOP) provides individualized support to men who are homeless or under-housed and are living with a serious mental illness.
Our HOP services are committed to being flexible and responsive to the unique needs and desires of each client. The supports offered via this program typically include:
- Outreach supports and the development of a trusting relationship between the client and the service provider
- Comprehensive assessment
- Support in accessing basic necessities such as personal identification, food, clothing, shelter and income support
- Collaborative development of a personalized pre-determined safety plan
- Collaborative development and implementation of an individualized recovery plan
- Assistance to achieve/maintain optimum health and wellness
- Direct support in the areas of:
- education about the nature of mental illness
- support and education to caregivers and/or the person’s support network, as appropriate
- development of self-management strategies
- encouragement, emotional support and motivation
- development of personal support networks
- development/maintenance of abilities in the areas of general life skills
- referring to and accessing other desired/needed community and primary health care services referrals to primary health care services as may be required
- The HOP Program also operates a drop-in every Wednesday afternoon where participants can enjoy a nutritious meal, shower facilities, peer support and benefit from the assistance of HOP workers.
Services Available To
Adult men (16 yrs +) who are living with a serious mental illness as typically determined through a clinical diagnosis or as suspected based on the person’s personal experience and report of mental health challenges over time.
View Larger Map
The HOP program is primarily focused on supporting homeless men in the Toronto downtown core but is also available to homeless men across the city of Toronto. The HOP Drop-in occurs every Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and is located at 389 Church Street (enter through the entrance on Granby Street, just east of Church St.)
To Make a Referral
Any caregiver, professional or prospective client can make a referral for Cota’s HOP services by calling Client Service Centre at 416-785-9230 ext. 1311.
This program is funded by the Central Local Health Integration Network and the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network.