Accessibility Statement for Cota
COTA HEALTH (Cota) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
www.cotainspires.ca is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of www.cotainspires.ca, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for www.cotainspires.ca:
- French Language Service Statement Popup: folks using keyboard for navigation cannot use the tab function to access exit button on popup because of the limitations of the plugin. The developers have been notified, we are conducting ongoing research and testing for solutions to this issue to resolve by January 2021. Please exit the screen using the “ESC” (escape) key to resume your accessible experience.
- Sub-menu link options in top header navigation: a screen reader may be unable to recognize the sub-menu options as links because of the limitations of the plugin. The developers have been notified, we are conducting ongoing research and testing for solutions to this issue to resolve by January 2021. The tab function can be used to scroll through the sub-menu options and “enter” key to select the sub-menu option.
- Accordion blocks: a screen reader may be unable to read accordion blocks as expandable and collapsible links because of the limitations of the plugin. The developers have been notified, we are conducting ongoing research and testing for solutions to this issue to resolve by January 2021. We have associated a custom attribute to each accordion block as aria-label=”link with expand/collapse state”. Further, the tab function can be used to put focus on an accordion block, hitting “enter” key will open the accordion and arrow keys can be used to scroll down through the content.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of www.cotainspires.ca. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on www.cotainspires.ca:
- Phone: 416-785-9230
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor address: 550 Queen Street East, Suite 201 Toronto, Ontario M5A 1V2
We try to respond to feedback within a timely fashion.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
www.cotainspires.ca is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- JAWs Screen Reader
- Internet Explorer (IE)
- OS: Windows 7 or higher
Accessibility of www.cotainspires.ca relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
COTA HEALTH (Cota) assessed the accessibility of www.cotainspires.ca by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal Complaints Process
We care about your experience. If you have any compliments, comments or complaints please fill out the form below. Visit our website and select the Feedback Button in the menu navigation to fill out the “Compliments, Comments & Complaints” form.