JOB POSTING #250
ASSERTIVE HOUSING FIRST TEAM (AHFT) – East Team
One (1) Temporary Full-Time Position
1-year contract, 37.5 hours per week
Cota is an accredited community-based organization that has been supporting adults with mental health and cognitive challenges to live well within their communities for over 40 years. We provide person-centred supports that assist individuals to find inspiration and hope in their inherent strengths and support them to pursue meaningful change in their lives, as they define it. We also work collaboratively with our funders, our partners and other stakeholders, across the provincial health and social service systems, to inspire positive change in the way that services are delivered to individuals living with mental health and cognitive challenges.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who will work enthusiastically to support the team in delivering recovery oriented services. They will ensure client safety and work collaboratively with clients, staff, external partners and managers. Client and family centered care is guiding principle at Cota that helps improve decision making processes, health outcome and client experiences. The successful individual will embed this guiding principle into their work and demonstrates respect, understanding and values the diversity of communities & individuals served.
About the Position:
The AHFT utilizes an interdisciplinary team and Housing First approach to support individuals who are homeless, living with mental health challenges and involved with a mental health court diversion program and/or are on release from a provincial correctional facility.
As a member of this multidisciplinary team, you will work 37.5 hours per week to provide administrative and reception support (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm) for the AHFT – East program under the direction of the Manager, Community Health Services.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those below:
• Triaging calls
• Coordinating communication between the team and participants
• Reception support
• Administrative support
Successful Candidate Requires:
• Graduate from a recognized Secondary School
• Office Administration Certificate or Office Clerk Diploma (preferred)
• One to three years of receptionist, word processing, data input and general office experience
• Strong knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access) is required
• Excellent people and problem-solving skills to assist and support participants with serious mental illness, addiction challenges and justice involvement as well as their families
• Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of the AHFT program
• Ability to work under tight pressures and reporting deadlines
• Strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a serious mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to continuous supports and services
• Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with serious mental illness and respect for participant’s rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential
• Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure every reasonable precaution is taken for the protection of workers and participants and that health and safety concerns or incidents are responded to promptly
• Commitment to the confidentiality of client, employee and Cota information at all times
Please forward a cover letter and your current resume on or before March 13, 2020 by 4:00pm to Human Resources via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job Posting #250.
Posting ad date is February 28, 2020; the posting will remain open until successfully filled.
If you have any requirements for accommodation due to disability, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process. We will work with you to best meet your needs as per resources available to us.
Cota is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please. Cota encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.)