JOB POSTING #245
SUPPORTIVE HOUSING WORKER
Short Term Residential Beds & Transitional Beds Program
Bargaining Unit Position
Permanent Part-Time (15 hours per week)
Cota is an accredited community-based organization that has been supporting adults with mental health and cognitive challenges to live well within their communities for over 40 years. We provide person-centred supports that assist individuals to find inspiration and hope in their inherent strengths and support them to pursue meaningful change in their lives, as they define it. We also work collaboratively with our funders, our partners and other stakeholders, across the provincial health and social service systems, to inspire positive change in the way that services are delivered to individuals living with mental health and cognitive challenges.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who will work enthusiastically to deliver recovery oriented, client and family centered and comprehensive services that meet client needs. They will ensure client safety and work within a quality improvement framework to identify opportunities for enhancing quality and quantitative outcomes of the services. Client and family centered care is guiding principle at Cota that helps improve decision making processes, health outcome and client experiences. The successful individual will embed this guiding principle into their work.
We require an experienced Supportive Housing Worker to work as team member in the Short-Term Residential Beds & Transitional Bed Program. The Supportive Housing Worker supports clients of the program to achieve their overall care goals, as well as develop, and facilitate groups that are meaningful to the population being served. Program location is 510 Dawes Road. Shift work is required.
- Graduate of an accredited recreational program at a college or university level, with a focus on, or specialty in, Therapeutic Recreation; combined with Post-secondary education in a social services discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability and experience assessing, designing, and facilitating therapeutic interventions/groups
- Experience providing support/care/services to individuals facing challenges surrounding their mental health, addictions, homelessness, and justice involvement
- Ability and experience assessing client needs, and ability to assist clients to develop strategies for achieving their goals while problem-solving barriers
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; as well as ability to establish rapport and excellent communication (written and oral) with clients, team members, stakeholders, and Program Manager
- Experience and ability to appropriately respond to crisis situations; combined with strong de-escalation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting
- Excellent computer skills, and ability to complete OCAN and Pirouette documentation within timely manner
Please forward a cover letter and your current resume on or before February 10, 2020 by 4:00pm to Human Resources via e-mail: email@example.com and reference Job Posting #245.
Posting ad date is January 27, 2020; the posting will remain open until successfully filled.
If you have any requirements for accommodation due to disability, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process. We will work with you to best meet your needs as per resources available to us.
Cota is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please. Cota encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.)